Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Still doing well!

Asher never ceases to amaze us. We are inpatient for our 3rd round of methotrexate, which means we will be here for about 4 days and he still hasn't shown any side effects from the chemo. Actually, I am pretty sure he doesn't mind being in the hospital at all. He gets to watch movies, create fun crafts and play in the playroom. We also had movie night for my first viewing of Frozen. Charlotte and Dave usually come up in the evenings to hang out and she gets to enjoy some playroom time as well. Oh, and today Amelia and Alyssa came to visit.

Even though this phase of treatment has lots of inpatient visits, the type of chemo he is being given doesn't make his immunity too low. I am still freaked out to let him be in public but we have ventured out to the park and to visit Daddy at work to take him to lunch in Newport in the last few weeks. Asher has really enjoyed it. I mean, really enjoyed it. Of course he fell at the park and I freaked, until I saw him stand up and just keep going. It's easy to forget that he is still just a 3 year old, and he will most certainly be falling down. We all ate at Fridays for dinner one night too (never mind the fact I looked like a crazy lady sanitizing the table before he sat down). So, for now, I will try to relax and loosen my grip a bit. Soon enough we will be in our last big phase of treatment before maintenance and his numbers will be low again. If everything stays on track we will be in maintenance starting June 23rd. Just in time for summer and Father's Day!

And finally, just a reminder that baby #3, Miss Felicity, will be here in 29 days! We are all very excited. I just hope she is ready for this crazy family, because we are ready to meet her!

Craft time in the playroom

Asher helping the nurse out

Playing with Papa Rick (and his glasses)

Daddy lunch date

No comments:

Post a Comment